Jason Kenny CBE is a British cyclist who is best known for his heroic cycling sprinting at numerous Olympic Games, in both individual and team events. Having won multiple gold medals throughout his illustrious career, Jason is now also a highly respected Olympic speaker who is in high demand throughout the country. At events, Jason focuses on topics including Achieving Sporting Success, The Winning Mentality and Peak Performance.
Having a passion for cycling from a very young age, Jason took to the track whilst he was at school. Soon after, while competing as a junior cyclist, Jason competed at the Future Stars series at the Manchester Velodrome. This gave Jason the chance to compete and test his abilities and even at this early stage of his career, it was evident to all that great things could be expected of the young cyclist.
Over the entire duration of his career so far, Jason has been one of the most successful and celebrated British cyclists ever seen. He has been victorious on numerous occasions and both as a junior and a senior. Having competed and won at all the major track cycling events including European, World and Olympic Championships Jason teamed up with Jamie Staff and Chris Hoy to compete at the Beijing 2008 Olympics winning a gold medal in the team sprint. Such was the quality and dominance of this team, they broke the world record in qualifying! Jason won more Olympic gold medals at London 2012 and by Rio 2016, Jason took his Olympic gold medal tally to 6, adding in Rio the Keirin previous golds at both the individual and team pursuits. In 2021 at the Tokyo Summer Olympics, Jason won silver in the men’s sprint.
In 2017, following his third golden Olympic games the year before, Jason was honoured with a CBE for his services to cycling. Continuing his training at the HSBC UK British Cycling Centre in Manchester, Jason has also turned his skills to sports speaking, sharing with audiences his compelling story of inspirational achievement and mental challenges.
To book Jason Kenny CBE as the sports speaker for your corporate event, function or conference, simply contact Champions Olympic Speakers using the contact details below.
When he’s at corporate events, Chris Hoy is known to discuss the following topics:
- British Cycling
- The Winning Mindset
- Peak Performance
- Overcoming Setbacks
- Drive & Determination
- The Olympics
Watch Jason Kenny win his 6th Olympic Gold medal at Rio 2016:
Over the course of his career, Jason has achieved the following:
- Gold medal – 2008 Beijing Team sprint
- Gold medal – 2012 London Team sprint
- Gold medal – 2012 London Sprint
- Gold medal – 2016 Rio de Janeiro Team sprint
- Gold medal – 2016 Rio de Janeiro Sprint
- Gold medal – 2016 Rio de Janeiro Keirin
- Silver medal – 2008 Beijing Sprint
- Gold medal – 2011 Apeldoorn Sprint
- Gold medal – 2013 Minsk Keirin
- Gold medal – 2016 London Sprint
- Silver medal – 2009 Pruszków Team sprint
- Silver medal – 2011 Apeldoorn Team sprint
- Silver medal – 2012 Melbourne Sprint
- Silver medal – 2018 Apeldoorn Team sprint
- Bronze medal – 2010 Ballerup Team sprint
- Bronze medal – 2012 Melbourne Keirin
- Bronze medal – 2019 Minsk Team sprint
- Gold medal – 2010 Pruszków Keirin
- Silver medal – 2013 Apeldoorn Keirin
- Silver medal – 2019 Apeldoorn Team sprint
- Bronze medal – 2010 Pruszków Sprint
- Bronze medal – 2010 Pruszków Team sprint
- Bronze medal – 2013 Apeldoorn Sprint
- Silver medal – 2014 Glasgow Team sprint
- Silver medal – 2014 Glasgow Sprint