One of the most successful gymnasts Team GB has ever produced, Max Whitlock MBE is a five-time Olympic medallist and an eight-time World medallist. Indeed, Whitlock was Britain’s first-ever artistic gymnastic gold medallist following his masterful floor and pommel horse routines at the Rio 2016 Olympics Games. Now the winner of 5 golds and another 8 medals at World and Olympic Championships, Whitlock is a superb motivational speaker available to book for dinners, events and conferences.
His first claim to sporting greatness came at the London 2012 Olympics, Whitlock won a pommel horse bronze. He became the first-ever Britain to win a championship gold at World level in 2015 with his unbeatable Pommel Horse routine at the Glasgow 2015 World Championships. Since then he has amassed a total of 32 medals at major Championships at both individual and team events, including 14 gold medals making him one of the greatest ever gymnasts on the world stage and a much sought after after-dinner speaker.
An extremely inspiring public figure who has a warm personality to match his sporting success, Whitlock is a leading role model for younger generations of children and athletes alike. Articulate and expressive throughout his talks, Max Whitlock connects with his audience on a personal level whilst sharing insights into the type of physical dedication required to reach and stay at the top of one of the most competitive international sports around.
His crowning moment came at the Rio 2016 Olympics where he won not only a bronze medal in the men’s all-around competition, the first Olympic medal by a British gymnast for over 100 years, but then eclipsed this remarkable achievement with two gold medals in the men’s floor and pommel horse events. His achievements were shared and enjoyed by the nation and he inspired a whole generation of budding gymnasts.
Following his success at the Rio 2016 Olympics, Wittlock become the first British gymnast to successfully defend a title at World level at the Montreal 2017 World Championships with a memorable routine on the pommel horse, a title he then retained again at the Stuttgart 2019 World Championships making it 3 in a row!
A phenomenal athlete and role model in British sport, Max Whitlock MBE always leaves guests inspired and entertained with his engaging anecdotes from his historic exploits as one of the greatest gymnasts of the modern era.
Watch Max Whitlock MBE’s Rio 2016 Highlights:
When speaking at events, Smith is known to discuss topics such as:
- Maintaining Peak Performance
- Achieving Your Goals
- Dealing with Pressure
Over the course of his career, Max Whitlock has earned the following achievements:
- Gold medal – 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Floor Exercise
- Gold medal – 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Pommel Horse
- Bronze medal – 2012 London, Team
- Bronze medal – 2012 London, Pommel Horse
- Bronze medal – 2016 Rio de Janeiro, All-Around
- Gold medal – 2015 Glasgow, Pommel Horse
- Gold medal – 2017 Montreal, Pommel Horse
- Gold medal – 2019 Stuttgart, Pommel Horse
- Silver medal – 2013 Antwerp, Pommel Horse
- Silver medal – 2014 Nanning, All-Around
- Silver medal – 2015 Glasgow, Team
- Silver medal – 2015 Glasgow, Floor Exercise
- Silver medal – 2018 Doha, Pommel Horse
- Gold medal – 2012 Montpellier, Team
- Gold medal – 2013 Moscow, Floor Exercise
- Gold medal – 2014 Sofia, Pommel Horse
- Gold medal – 2019 Szczecin, Pommel Horse
- Silver medal – 2013 Moscow, All-Around
- Silver medal – 2014 Sofia, Team
- Silver medal – 2018 Glasgow, Team
- Bronze medal – 2013 Moscow, Pommel Horse
- Gold medal – 2016 Glasgow, All-Around
- Gold medal – 2014 Glasgow, Team
- Gold medal – 2014 Glasgow, All-Around
- Gold medal – 2014 Glasgow, Floor Exercise
- Gold medal – 2018 Gold Coast, Team
- Silver medal – 2010 Delhi, Team
- Silver medal – 2010 Delhi, Pommel Horse
- Silver medal – 2014 Glasgow, Pommel Horse
- Silver medal – 2018 Gold Coast, Pommel Horse
- Bronze medal – 2010 Delhi, Horizontal Bar
- Bronze medal – 2014 Glasgow, Parallel Bars